Friday, January 13, 2012

Life Goes On

I've finally gotten to a place where there are no unbearable hunger pains, and healthy food is not a mind game to get down my throat. I've loved my breakfasts and lunches...as for dinners they are a little bit of a juggling game. I think I'm just worried Drew is never full because he eats so dang much. I'm fine with eating beans for dinner, he on the other hand looks at me like I have a third head upon suggesting that. So that's been tough. Also the prayer thing has me feeling like I haven't tried hard enough? I'm sure that's ridiculous, but I was just expecting some sort of revelation or something. Pushing forward.

My breakfasts have consisted of strawberries, kiwis, and or bananas with honey and cinnamon drizzled over them. Occasionally I will throw some kashi granola on top with a 1/4 cup of almond milk. Its pretty fantastic.

Lunches I've made in addition to fun juices, veggie soups, veggies and hummus.  ( I tried an enormous cup of carrot, apple, and ginger juice..I was shocked I got that down. It was more orange than a pumpkin.)  

For dinners we've done quinoa, beans, soups, and salads. Nothing exciting. I'm sad to tell you that. 

I've recently decided that I needed two workouts a day because a) I'm impatient. and b) my holiday weight was making me mad. True to working your butt off, I am feeling more svelte and definitely sore all over. Yay! 

I'm amazed at my energy level and over all good mood. You get out what you put in. Also, good health and eating has more influence in your weight loss and appearance than the gym does. Go figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment