Thursday, September 1, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge

On pinterest.com, my new obsession/affair, I came across a thirty day photo challenge list. I found this challenge to be purposeful because a) my husband bought me an expensive camera that I need to use more and b) its a list and I love lists...


Day 1

A portrait:

I might have taken 60 pictures of myself. Everyone of them feeling like a 14 year old girl trying spice up her myspace profile. It is kind of awkward and then you start seeing all the flaws in yourself. You notice one eye is bigger than the other, or that botox would help the bags under your eyes, or that your face is rounder than you'd like. Or perhaps you understand why people mistake you for being from Greece....its the nose. Taking a million pictures of yourself is humbling. Yet, doing it I could see pictures of myself as a little kid showing through the new photos. I never really saw that before. I always have had the opinion that I look nothing like I did when I was 7 or 5. Lo and behold I do. You also begin to see what you'll look like in 10 years or in 20. You'll also wonder what some photo editor from hollywood would do to your pictures.

It was an odd experience. I don't think I cared for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment