Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Holy smokes. Its been too long. Well, in the quick time that summer has almost gone so much has happened. I friggin graduated college, I turned 24, and am still without a career.

I decided to finish my college career by enrolling three 6 week classes and one 8 week class. Mind you, these are all classes that are typically done in a 15 week frame. They don't lighten the load, they don't cut you any breaks, they just pound psychology and sociology and art down your throat until it is what you dream about. I finished. I took six years to get my bachelors degree, and that is o.k. because I did it well and I did it on my own dime. I was so thankful to my husband who let me quit my wretched serving job and just do school work for 8 weeks. I seriously woke up at 8am...went to school until 1pm, came home and did school online until 6pm, made dinner and went back to it til about 10pm. Oh, it was exhausting. I didn't feel like a person at all. I was pure robot. Sometimes I had to make myself be rebellious and go on a date night with my husband and promise myself I'd wake up at 6am to get started the next day. Anyway, I finished. I finished getting As and Bs and I couldn't be more happy to be done with college.

Since then....family parties, the fourth of July and my birthday has highlighted my summer fun, along with Josie and Noah returning from Costa Rica. I have been watching them daily until they go back to school here in Bay Village mid August. Next week, the Miranda family...all...9 of us are going to Hocking Hills to camp and hike and all sorts of goodness. I'm very excited for that! I'm hoping it not to be rainy or one of those 105 degree heat index days.

For my birthday my husband got me my dream camera. I wasn't actually sure what I wanted in a dream camera. Any pretty big nikon would do, and he got me just that. So expect better posted pictures! I now have time to do that. I now have time to paint...to read...to exercise. I have no limits. So now, as my job search continues, I plan to actually enjoy life while finding a job that doesn't feel like work. I'm determined not to sell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment